Tuesday, June 16, 2009

lisa listen.





Those of you who know me well may know of my weakness for 90's pop music. Well, nowhere is this more apparent than in my love for Lisa Loeb.

Okay, so she's only a moderately successful singer-songwriter from the 90's, one who had about three hits at most. Sure, her career peaked over a decade ago. I don't care, because when I listen to "Stay (I Missed You)," all that seems to go away. Also, I have a HUGE crush on her. I think you'll understand after watching this:



After that, how could I not be head over heels?

"Stay" is, without a doubt, one of my favorite pop songs. Beautiful guitar riff. Heartbreaking yet cryptic lyrics. Structurally unique. So good. Because I loved it so very much, a few years ago I decided to give Tails, her debut album, a listen. It has become one of my top guilty pleasure albums, one that I put on when no one is listening.

Admittedly, there are a few clunkers on Tails. I could do without "Rose-Colored Times," "Waiting for Wednesday," or "Garden of Delights." It's all worth it though, especially when I hear a line like this one, off "Sandalwood."

"She can't tell me that all of the love songs have been written/
Because she's never been in love with you before."


SWOON.

Anyway, before I start falling over myself here, I'll leave you with "Taffy." It's an awesome song, and the video is also great, because it's so amazingly dated. Like a three-minute 90's time capsule, really. Enjoy. I'm going to go listen to Tails again.



#0006

No comments:

Post a Comment